Fathers Day 2021 Australia
Fathers Day Australia 2021 – Father’s Day is a modern holiday and was celebrated by the ancient Romans as a tradition for honouring all the deceased Fathers in February. In Australia, the day is not an official public or statutory holiday and is celebrated by having family reunions.
Are you a citizen of Australia? Are you wondering on which day is Father’s day in Australia in 2021? Why not take a look at the Fathers Day 2021 Australia date below.
Fathers Day Australia
Around the world, Father’s Day is celebrated on different dates but usually involves giving gifts to fathers. The most popular date for celebrating Father’s Day is the third Sunday in June. This date was first observed in the USA and later got adopted by many countries. In Spain, Italy and Portugal, Father’s Day is celebrated on March 19, which is the Feast of St. Joseph, who is the patron saint of fathers. In Germany, it is celebrated on the same date as Ascension Day.
Find below Fathers Day Australia 2021 date and get all your answers.
When Is Fathers Day In Australia? Check Fathers Day 2021 Australia Date
Check Fathers Day Australia 2021 date here.
Father’s day is on September 5, 2021 in Australia. It is said that the day was invented by the president of the Chicago branch of the Lions’ Club, Harry Meek. He is said to have celebrated first Father’s Day with his organization in 1915 on the third Sunday in June, which was the closest Sunday to Meek’s birthday. In 1966, President Lyndon Johnson declared Father’s Day as a holiday and was celebrated on the third Sunday of June.
Facts About Fathers Day
- In Germany, Father’s Day is celebrated on the same date as Ascension Day.
- In Taiwan, it is celebrated on August 8, as the Chinese term for eight is ‘ba’, while a common word for father is “ba-ba”. Hence the eighth day of the eighth month sounds similar to ‘Daddy’.
- In 1972, President Richard Nixon signed a law to observe Father’s Day on the third Sunday of June.
How is Father’s Day Different in Australia?
The first Father’s Day in Australia was in 1936 when a newspaper article from The Newcastle Sun labelled it a “new day”.
“A new day for the Calendar is “Father’s Day,” September 6. Mothers’ Day has become very popular, and maybe “Father’s Day” will also become so, too!” the article read. “The coloured flower for father is poppy-red. A special “Father’s Day” meeting for Newcastle has been arranged and will be held Sunday, September 6, in the Newcastle Baptist Tabernacle at 4.30 p.m. The meeting will be open to men of all denominations, and all fathers are requested to invite their sons.”
Australian Father’s Day Traditions
- Handcrafted gifts – In schools, children are encouraged to make gifts for their fathers.
- Socks & jocks – Consumer goods companies have established Father’s Day to shop small apparel such as socks, underpants, ties and cufflinks.
- Gift-giving – Most families present fathers with gifts and cards, and share a meal together.
- Outdoor activities – A day out in the park, at the movies, at a zoo, or another place of interest.
- Father’s Day charity activities – Fun runs or purchasing special gifts to raise money for social causes.
- Churches – Families visit places of worship like churches, synagogues or mosques.
- Barbeques – Like all good Australian events, Father’s Day is complete with a family barbeque.
The Fathers Day Australia 2021 details have been given above. Read the article to know about Fathers Day.
Disclaimer: The above information is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site.